Personal Information that we collect
Personal Information we may collect from you includes (without limitation): (a) names, physical and e-mail addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, internet protocol (IP) addresses and other business and/or residential contact information; (b) information or comments provided on the Site or otherwise, including feedback and comments about you with respect to the Site or Services; (c) information regarding your activity on the Site or Services, including (without limitation) your browsing patterns, download activity and pages viewed; (d) payment information (e.g. credit card information, bank account numbers, etc.) required to complete transactions; and (e) such other information we may collect with consent or as permitted or required by law.
Where we collect Personal Information
We do or may in the future collect Personal Information in various parts of our Site or Services, such as (without limitation) when users register for accounts, create an account or profile, sign up for services or Site/Service attributes, complete online surveys or questionnaires, become paying members of the Site, request publications or other information from us, sign up for newsletters, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas (e.g. bulletin boards, discussion forums, surveys, etc).
How we use Personal Information
Personal Information that we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways, including (without limitation):
- To personalize your experience (your survey answers help us provide matches to compatible coaches or individuals seeking coaching (as applicable));
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To send periodic emails, but only if you opt into our feedback program;
- To improve the Site and Services (we continually strive to improve our Site and Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To process transactions, including updates pertaining to your account and matching individuals and coaches;
- To send periodic emails, such as (without limitation) occasional company news, updates or new product or service information;
- For identification;
- For establishment and maintenance of our relationship with you,
- To provide you with ongoing news, publications and information, to respond to your requests and inquiries, to fulfill your requests to participate in any events and conferences and to evaluate your job applications for employment-related inquiries submitted to us;
- For marketing purposes, such as your Site activity, browsing and usage information and/or your demographic information that you may have voluntarily provided to us, in order to better tailor our marketing activities, provided that we do not sell or lease your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing activities without your explicit consent (except aggregate information that is generally not personally identifiable);
- To provide information to third-party administrators or other service providers necessary to optimize operation of the Site or Services;
- For the purposes of maintaining business records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our business;
- For meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security or processing requirements and court or administrative orders; and
- As we may otherwise choose with your consent or as permitted or required by law or to protect the property or safety of a third party.
We may keep any and all of your Personal Information on hand for as long as permitted by law for any and all of the purposes described herein.
Security of Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Information and endeavor to keep it secure using security measures that are appropriate for a company and website of our scope and size in our industry. Specifically, we offer the use of a secure server and all supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology (for example, all supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via SSL technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential). If you provide us with financial information, after completion of the applicable transaction, your financial information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Despite the precautions above, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to Personal Information and we expressly disclaim any liability thereof to the maximum extent permitted by law.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off and disable all cookies via your Internet browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies “off”, some or all of our Services or Site features may not function properly. Please consult your web browser’s help function for information on how to disable cookies.
How do we disclose Personal Information?
Personal Information may be disclosed to: (a) our employees, agents, representatives, advisors, affiliates and independent contractors, in connection with their performance of services for or on behalf of the Company; and (b) service providers who help us with our business operations, sales and marketing, information technology or professional services. We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information collected, used, disclosed or otherwise processed by any of the aforementioned parties for us or on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than as directed by the Company, subject to requirements in foreign jurisdictions applicable to those organizations. Please note that foreign jurisdictions differ in their privacy laws and some have Personal Information protection laws equivalent to or greater than those in the United States whereas others do not.
The Company may otherwise disclose Personal Information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law, but generally will not disclose the same to law enforcement agencies except in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal or fraudulent activity.
We may collect non-personally identifiable information that becomes available to us as a result of your visit to our Site or through your use of the Services. This information includes (without limitation) your IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you visit the Site, and which is logged by our servers) your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), your web browser, the type of operating system, the domain name of the website which links you to our Site and the pages you visited while you were using the Site.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) as we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site and Services are all explicitly directed to people who are at least 18 years of age or older.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information at any time by contacting us as indicated below, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your Personal Information then we may no longer be able to provide you with certain of our products or services.
With respect to any emails, newsletters or publications that we send to you on a periodic basis, if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email so that you may unsubscribe from any of our e-mail lists.
We collect, utilize and disclose your Personal Information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local, federal or foreign regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Please bear in mind that the Company is based in the United States, and we do not attempt to comply with foreign (non-U.S.) privacy legislation. By consenting to our collection, usage and disclosure of your Personal Information, you acknowledge and understand that the Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, and furthermore, you agree that your Personal Information may be transferred across national boundaries.
Access and Correction
The Company may establish and maintain a file of your Personal Information for the purposes described herein. If you wish to request access or correction of your Personal Information in our custody or control, you may contact us as indicated below. Your right to access or correct your Personal Information is subject to applicable legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.